MENTAL HEALTH UNIT AND PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
How can I enter the Psychiatric Hospital Unit?
Our hours of ON-SITE PSYCHIATRY in which you can go for an emergency assessment to assess if your psychophysical state requires an admission to our Hospitalization Unit is the following:
* Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm.
Friday from 9.00 to 15.00.
(* except holidays)
APPOINTMENT CONSULTATION hours with a psychologist or medical specialist in psychiatry are arranged 24 hours in advance and according to availability, upon request to the Outpatient Clinical Service:
- VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA VALENCIA AL MAR
- 96 335 25 15 – Scheduled appointment
- VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA 9 DE OCTUBRE
- 96 317 92 00 – Scheduled appointment
What do we offer to people with mental illness and their families?
A multidisciplinary team of professionals dedicated 365 days a year to the integral therapeutic approach of people who during a period of their life need an evaluation, diagnosis, clinical stabilisation, rest and improvement of their psychophysical state in the admission process.
Our healthcare activity is based on the work of a team made up of professionals with extensive specific knowledge in medicine, neuropsychiatry, psychology and nursing, as well as extensive clinical-care experience.
Our work is based on the following:
- The patients and their families are offered information and support during the recovery process.
- Maximum clinical stabilisation is encouraged to recover the necessary personal and social skills to achieve the best functioning of the patient in the community.
- Ensuring the well-being and quality of life of our patients, achieving a greater degree of autonomy and independence.
- Promoting research, teaching and prevention of Mental Health through the development of dynamic actions among different professionals.
What kind of people are admitted to the Mental Health and Psychiatric Hospital Unit?
People who enter suffer from a lesser or greater intensity of a psychological disorder, a mental disorder or require an evaluation of their mental state. In general, they are people whose outpatient treatment is not enough to keep them clinically stable, or who need admission with a preventive purpose of an imminent relapse, or who require a more detailed psychopathological evaluation, or that require a more intensive multidisciplinary approach. Either they are people who require psychological intervention in a crisis, or who require a low stress and rest environment to improve their psychophysical state.
What kind of people do not enter the Unit?
- People whose fundamental pathology is an addictive disorder or drug addiction.
- People with anorexia nervosa as the primary pathology.
- People whose diagnosed mental pathology requires long-stay residential admission.
* (Consult IVANE ADDICTIONS de VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA AGUAS VIVAS).
Admission Unit: Acute, Sub-acute and medium term stay
What therapeutic approach does the patient receive in the Hospitalization Unit?
- Treatment of medical, psychiatric and rehabilitative aspects that exceed the objectives of a short or medium term stay admission.
- Completion of complementary tests and patient referral to other professionals to achieve maximum psychophysical recovery.
- Improve awareness of disease and adherence to outpatient care services appropriate to the specific needs of the patient and their families.
- Optimise the psychopharmacological approach, with the best ratio of minimum effective dose and improve benefit to risk balance.
- Group psychotherapy programmes and individual psychotherapy adapted to personal recovery.
- Occupational therapy and therapeutic leisure focusing on functional and social improvement.
- Psychoeducation, Support Groups for relatives and caregivers of the patient.
- Facilitate social reintegration and destigmatisation of the person with mental illness in their environment and in society.