HOW CAN I ENTER THE MENTAL HEALTH UNIT AND PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL?
Our ON-SITE hours for PSYCHIATRY, in which you can go for a NON SCHEDULED appointment to evaluate if your psychophysical state requires admission to our Psychiatric Hospitalization Unit is the following:
365 days a year from 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.
Our APPOINTMENT CONSULTATION hours with a psychologist or medical specialist in psychiatry are arranged 24 hours in advance and according to the availability of the professional, upon request to the Outpatient Clinic Service:
- CLINICA ZAFRA. SALUD MENTAL
- 96 206 83 97 - 662 40 78 26 - Cita programada
- HOSPITAL VITHAS VALENCIA AL MAR
- 96 335 25 15 – Scheduled appointment
- HOSPITAL VITHAS 9 DE OCTUBRE
- 96 317 92 00 – Scheduled appointment
- CHECK PROFESSIONALS AVAILABILITY
- → Check Schedule
WHAT DO WE OFFER TO PEOPLE WITH MENTAL ILLNESS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS?
A multidisciplinary team of professionals dedicated 365 days a year to the integral therapeutic approach of people who during a period of their life need an evaluation, diagnosis, clinical stabilisation, rest and improvement of their psychophysical state in the admission process.
Our healthcare activity is based on the work of a team made up of professionals with extensive specific knowledge in medicine, neuropsychiatry, psychology and nursing, as well as extensive clinical-care experience.
Our Comprehensive Network of Treatments falls to:
- PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL UNIT
- NON SCHEDULED ASSISTANCE
- OUTPATIENT CLINIC OF PSYCHIATRY AND PSYCHOLOGY
- PSYCHIATRY AND PSYCHOLOGY ONLINE CONSULTATION
- PATIENT REFERRAL SERVICE
- SCHEDULED HOME CARE
- DAYCARE HOSPITAL CARING FOR YOUR HEALTH
WHAT TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS AND WORK SYSTEM DO WE DEFEND?
Our care activity is based on the teamwork of a group of professionals with extensive clinical-care experience and continuing education in the field of Mental Health.
Our work system is based on the following:
- Offer the patient and his family clinical advice during the recovery process.
- Promote maximum psychophysical stabilization focused on achieving the best functionality of the patient in the community.
- Ensure the well-being and quality of life of our patients from autonomy.
- Promote research, teaching and prevention of Mental Health in professionals and citizens.
WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ENTER THE MENTAL HEALTH UNIT AND PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL?
Incoming patients suffer, to a lesser or greater degree, some psychological disorder, a mental disorder or require an evaluation of their mental status.
In general they are PEOPLE...
- ...whose outpatient treatment has not been sufficient to maintain clinical stability.
- ...who need admission with a preventive purpose of an imminent recovery.
- ...who require a more detailed psychopathological evaluation.
- ...who need a more intensive multidisciplinary approach.
- ...who need a psychological intervention in crisis.
- ...who require low stress and a peaceful, restful environment to improve their psychophysical state.
WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DOES NOT ENTER IN THE UNIT?
Patients who require a specific therapeutic approach in a health environment appropriate to their needs other than the MENTAL HEALTH UNIT and HOSPITALARY PSYCHIATRY are PEOPLE...
- ...whose fundamental pathology is an addictive disorder or drug dependency.
- ...with eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa as the primary pathology.
- ...whose diagnosed mental pathology requires a long-term approach.
* (Consult IVANE ADDICTIONS in HOSPITAL VITHAS AGUAS VIVAS).
ADMISSION UNIT: ACUTE, SUB-ACUTE AND MEDIUM TERM STAY, WHAT THERAPEUTIC APPROACH DOES THE PATIENT RECIEVE IN THE HOSPITALIZATION UNIT?
- Treatment of medical, psychiatric and rehabilitation aspects that exceed the objectives of a short term or medium term stay.
- Completion of complementary tests and consultation with other professionals to achieve maximum psychophysical recovery.
- Improving awareness of disease and adherence to outpatient care services appropriate to the specific needs of the patient and their families.
- Optimising the psychopharmacological approach, with the best ratio of minimum effective dose and better benefit to risk balance.
- Group and individual psychotherapy programmes adjusted to personal recovery.
- Occupational therapy and therapeutic leisure focusing on functional and social improvement.
- Psychoeducational, Support Groups for relatives and caregivers of the patient.
- Facilitating social reintegration and destigmatisation of the person with mental illness in their environment and in society.