HOW CAN I ENTER THE MENTAL HEALTH UNIT AND PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL?
Our ON-SITE hours for PSYCHIATRY, in which you can go for an emergency assessment to evaluate if your psychophysical state requires admission to our Psychiatric Hospitalization Unit is the following:
*Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm.
Friday from 9.00 to 15.00.
Our APPOINTMENT CONSULTATION hours with a psychologist or medical specialist in psychiatry are arranged 24 hours in advance and according to the availability of the professional, upon request to the Outpatient Clinic Service:
- VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA VALENCIA AL MAR
- 96 335 25 15 – Scheduled appointment
- VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA 9 DE OCTUBRE
- 96 317 92 00 – Scheduled appointment
WHAT DO WE OFFER TO PEOPLE WITH MENTAL ILLNESS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS?
A multidisciplinary team of professionals dedicated 365 days a year to the integral therapeutic approach of people who during a period of their life need an evaluation, diagnosis, clinical stabilisation, rest and improvement of their psychophysical state in the admission process.
Our healthcare activity is based on the work of a team made up of professionals with extensive specific knowledge in medicine, neuropsychiatry, psychology and nursing, as well as extensive clinical-care experience.
Our work system is based on the following:
- The patient and their families are offered information and support during the recovery process.
- Maximising the maximum clinical stabilisation to recover the personal and social skills necessary to achieve the best functioning of the patient in the community.
- Ensuring the well-being and quality of life of our patients, achieving a greater degree of autonomy and independence.
- Promoting research, teaching and prevention of Mental Health through the development of dynamic actions among different professionals.
WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ENTER THE MENTAL HEALTH UNIT AND PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL?
People who enter suffer from a lesser or greater intensity of a psychological disorder, a mental disorder or require an evaluation of their mental state. In general they are:
- PEOPLE WHOSE OUTPATIENT TREATMENT HAS NOT BEEN SUFFICIENT TO MAINTAIN CLINICAL STABILITY.
- PEOPLE WHO NEED ADMISSION WITH A PREVENTIVE PURPOSE OF AN IMMINENT RECOVERY.
- PEOPLE WHO REQUIRE A MORE DETAILED PSYCHOPATHOLOGICAL EVALUATION.
- PEOPLE WHO NEED A MORE INTENSIVE MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH.
- PEOPLE WHO NEED A PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION IN CRISIS.
- PEOPLE WHO REQUIRE LOW STRESS AND A PEACEFUL, RESTFUL ENVIRONMENT TO IMPROVE THEIR PSYCHOPHYSICAL STATE.
What kind of people do not enter the Unit:
- PEOPLE WHOSE FUNDAMENTAL PATHOLOGY IS AN ADDICTIVE DISORDER OR DRUG DEPENDENCY.
- PEOPLE WITH EATING DISORDERS SUCH AS ANOREXIA NERVOSA AS THE PRIMARY PATHOLOGY.
- PEOPLE WHOSE DIAGNOSED MENTAL PATHOLOGY REQUIRES A LONG-TERM APPROACH.
* (Consult IVANE ADDICTIONS of VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA AGUAS VIVAS).
ADMISSION UNIT: ACUTE, SUB-ACUTE AND MEDIUM TERM STAY, WHAT THERAPEUTIC APPROACH DOES THE PATIENT RECIEVE IN THE HOSPITALIZATION UNIT?
- Treatment of medical, psychiatric and rehabilitation aspects that exceed the objectives of a short term or medium term stay.
- Completion of complementary tests and consultation with other professionals to achieve maximum psychophysical recovery.
- Improving awareness of disease and adherence to outpatient care services appropriate to the specific needs of the patient and their families.
- Optimising the psychopharmacological approach, with the best ratio of minimum effective dose and better benefit to risk balance.
- Group and individual psychotherapy programmes adjusted to personal recovery.
- Occupational therapy and therapeutic leisure focusing on functional and social improvement.
- Psychoeducational, Support Groups for relatives and caregivers of the patient.
- Facilitating social reintegration and destigmatisation of the person with mental illness in their environment and in society.