IVANE ADDICTIONS is the only Hospital Detoxification Center in Valencia specialising in DETOXIFICATION and REHABILITATION for people with ADDICTION problems (alcohol, cocaine or other drugs) and DUAL DIAGNOSIS that offers a model of INTENSIVE TREATMENT in the PROCESS OF ADMISSION.
To help people who are unable to find a solution to their dependence problem in traditional healthcare models and demand a comprehensive, personalised and flexible therapeutic approach according to their individual needs.
RECOMMENDED TO PEOPLE WHO...
Need a Detoxification Center with the maximum therapeutic guarantees that offers a discreet, calm and comfortable environment that ensures maximum concentration during the recovery process.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Comfortable and appropriate clothes. Include underwear, pyjamas and comfortable sneakers, as well as sportswear (including hat and sunscreen) and swimsuit, towel and swimming cap.
- Toilet bag with toiletries (electric shaver and hair dryer can be brought).
- Contact information of the family member or reference person during the admission.
- Specific medications they are currently taking (to facilitate the supply of them by the clinic's pharmacy service), as well as medical reports and recent tests.
IT IS NOT PERMITTED TO BRING
- Valuable objects (jewellery or similar). Unconventional clothing with offensive emblems.
- Electrical appliances for private use: televisions, mobiles, ipads or laptops. In particular cases they will be authorised if the medical team considers it appropriate.
- The possession of cameras or video cameras in the clinic is not allowed, nor photos, nor videos of people during the admission.
- Alcohol, drugs or substances of any kind. Nor medications not authorised by the IVANE team.
- Items that contain a high amount of alcohol (some cosmetics, colognes, aftershaves, etc).
YOU MUST KNOW
- The use of tobacco is allowed during free time and in assigned places (if there is no contraindication from the medical team). A lighter it is not allowed in the rooms. The patient and the family will be responsible for the tobacco supply during the stay.
- Although no money is necessary for living expenses, a maximum of 50 euros / week is allowed for personal expenses (cafeteria or vending machine for soft drinks or food), which will be supplied by the patient or family. If there is difficulty handling money, it will be supervised by the therapeutic team of IVANE.
- IVANE has its own library but if you wish you can bring your books from home.
- Food or pets are not allowed in the rooms.
- The possession of weapons or potentially dangerous objects is not allowed.
- IVANE has a laundry service if required.
WHAT ARE OUR MAIN SERVICES?
- Limited therapeutic groups.
- Daily evaluation of the clinical status and detoxification process. Medical attention 24 hours a day. Patient referral service to other medical specialties.
- Interviews and personalised approaches with a referred psychologist. Specific programme of individual, group and family psychotherapy.
- Laboratory service and analysis, substance controls in urine and electrocardiographic control.
- Pharmacy service with supply of specific medications in dealing with addictions.
- Individualised catering service. Evaluation by Dietitian in specific cases. Cafeteria service available.
- Evaluation and activities directed by an instructor. Relaxation therapy and sports activities in specific facilities adapted to the detoxification center (pool / spa and psychomotricity room).
- Therapeutic leisure, outings in the nature and activities on the golf course with an instructor.
WHAT THERAPEUTIC PROGRAMMES DOES THE DETOXIFICATION CLINIC OFFER?
The treatment of drugs or other addictions that we offer in IVANE ADDICTIONS includes many more therapeutic resources than those that may exist in other detoxification centers. The detoxification center is integrated into the VITHAS HOSPITAL NISA AGUAS VIVAS which offers professional staff, services and facilities accredited by the Conselleria de Sanitat and with the guarantee of VITHAS HOSPITALS (individual suite, pharmacy service, laboratory, 24-hour doctor, catering, spacious therapy rooms, psychomotricity room, heated pool, large grounds, hiking, therapeutic activity on the golf course) where necessary treatment for the medical, psychological and functional approach to alcoholism, drug addiction and psychological problems will be received.
DETOXIFICATION 21 DAYS - 21 DAYS ADMISSION PROGRAMME
IVANE ADDICTIONS offers a programme of inpatient stay of 21 days in our Detoxification Center together with the preparation for detoxification. In the case of alcoholism or drug problems, throughout the 3 weeks of admission, the patient has a recovery in different phases through the acquisition of new guidelines and the internalisation of individual, group and family therapies.
Our FOLLOW-UP programme offers a period of days of admission in which common and realistic objectives are defined within the person who has problems of alcoholism or addiction to drugs. On the days of admission to this treatment methode, a therapeutic approach is planned for drug treatment, personalised and previously agreed by between the doctor and the patient. During the FOLLOW-UP admission period, the changes made are reinforced and avoids the prodromes of relapse to maintain a recovery without fear and a complete abstinence from alcohol or other drugs.
WHAT IS DUAL DIAGNOSIS?
The addictive behavior hides mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, bipolar and personality disorders, psychosis, schizophrenia that requires multidisciplinary, comprehensive, and intensive treatment in which traditional therapeutic approaches have become obsolete and have led to misconceptions that inevitably lead to the failure and suffering of patients and family members.
In IVANE ADDICTIONS, we break with traditional therapeutic approaches because they are ineffective in the medium and long term. Within this Specialised Unit, we incorporate detoxification and preparation to rehabilitation into the process, a specific programme for early detection of symptoms and clinical signs for the diagnosis of mental illness. This fact allows us to personalise the medical and psychological intervention to each particular case and adapt to the needs of each of our patients and their families.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE PHASE OF DETOXIFICATION?
When the patient enters our clinic to perform the 1st phase of the treatment of their addictive illness, the 21-day admission programme is recommended, since not only is it necessary to eliminate the drug or the drug that maintains the addictive disorder ( detoxification phase), but it is necessary to evaluate the mental state in order to detect the existence of stress, depression, anxiety, psychosis, dysfunctional personality or bipolar disorder that can act as a maintenance factor for the addictive pathology (dual diagnosis) . In addition, it is necessary to start an intense psychological approach that rebalances emotions from the first day, breaking their toxic habits and the patient initiates an honest motivational change in their life towards a more peaceful and healthy life away from addictions.
After discharge, the patient needs to maintain therapeutic follow-ups of greater or lesser intensity that strengthens the recovery process in the medium term and smoothly overcomes the following phases of treatment: detoxification, rehabilitation and social integration. During this process, we personally take charge of planning and coordinating the follow-up with assistance services that share our principles and our work philosophy with the aim of providing the therapeutic continuity and accompaniment that the patient and their families need.
Depending on each particular case and the level of recovery during admission to the Detoxification Clinic, the following therapeutic resources are: FOLLOW-UP INPATIENT ADMISSION, THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY CENTER, DAY CENTER, WEEKLY GROUP THERAPIES AND INDIVIDUAL PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PSYCHIATRIC APPOINTMENTS.
IS IT RECOMMENDED TO STOP SMOKING DURING MY STAY IN THE DETOXIFICATION CLINIC?
Although smoking is a chronic and serious disease that is a fundamental factor in the appearance and development of lung diseases and other organic pathologies, during the stay in our Detoxification Clinic where the recovery process is undergone treating addictive alcohol disorder, dependence to cocaine, heroin, cannabis, designer pills or other behavioral addictions (pathological gambling, etc.), professionals do not recommend removing tobacco completely during the initial phases of treatment, but starting an awareness of the problem of smoking with a withdrawal plan in two phases: - The 1st phase during the stay and contemplates a decrease in the number of cigarettes from between 10 and 15 cigarettes per day. - The 2nd phase after 12 months of maintaining complete abstinence from alcohol or other problem drugs, in which case specific therapies can be applied to facilitate smoking cessation.